eLearning at RESCRandolph Eastern School Corporation is excited to have eLearning days scheduled during the 2018-2019 school year.
October 17 and October 18, as well as other weather make-up days, will be eLearning days. Each of the eLearning days will be planned and communicated in advance. On eLearning days, students will have digital lessons to complete in lieu of attending school on that day.
We are excited to be able to try this creative and innovative method of delivering quality instruction to our students. We appreciate your willingness and enthusiasm to make this a positive learning experience for all. Please feel free to contact your building principals if you have any questions or concerns.
2018-2019 eLearning Dates
October 17 and 18, 2018
January 21, 2019 (inclement weather make-up day)
January 30, 2019 (extreme temperatures forecasted)
February 18, 2019 (inclement weather make-up day)
March 22, 2019 (inclement weather make-up day)
April 19, 2019 (inclement weather make-up day)
May 24, 28, 29 -possible inclement weather make-up days
- All classroom work will be posted by 8AM on the eLearning day. Students will find their work in their Google Classroom class(es). Work can include online and paper/pencil tasks.
- K-3 students will bring home a blue sheet with login info, teacher office hours, points of contact, etc on this day.
- Teachers will have set office hours that will be communicated to students and parents either in Google Classroom, on the school’s website, through one-call messages to parents, etc.
- You should expect your child's work on an eLearning Day to take 4-5 hours to complete.
- Completed eLearning assignments will be used to determine attendance on an eLearning Day.
- Students should be able to complete the work on their own without assistance from a parent.
- Students who have IEP’s, LEP’s or receive Title I services will receive special directions and contact information from these teachers to assist with assignments.
- Assignments will be due on the next school day after the scheduled eLearning day.
Connectivity and Troubleshooting
Less than 20 percent of our students do not have access to the Internet. If your child does not have access on the eLearning day, these are options:
- Free WiFi locations in Union City:
- Wesley United Methodist Church
- Calvary Assembly of God Church
- Pizza Hut
- Public Library
- Downtown Union City
- Troubleshooting Chart
- RESC Tech Help Desk - available from 2:30 PM-4PM on eLearning Days; email or call
- Grades K-12 - Accessing Google Classroom assignments and content
- Grades K-12 - Connecting your Chromebook to Home WiFi
- Chromebook Tutorials and Guides
eLearning informational conversation held during Digital Citizenship Parent Night on August 15.
Student-produced eLearning video from social media and KISS-TV